Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lowbrow Customers Donate Almost $600 to Charity In August

I couldn't be more stoked on using the Lowbrow website and our great customers to help raise money for those less fortunate. I will put our money where our mouth is and Lowbrow Customs will match all donations dollar for dollar made in the month of September; the more you donate, the more we donate.
In August almost $600 was donated by you, our customers, by rounding up your order to the nearest dollar during checkout and donating the change to a couple different educational charities. $462 was raised and donated to Room to Read, bringing our total for 2011 up to $5169.07. Once we hit $12,000 three libraries will be built in developing countries. Another $120 was donated via DonorsChoose.org, which went to Mrs. M's class in Joplin, Missouri:

"My students are K-3rd graders with special needs from a poverty school. Many of my students have social needs and require teaching, practice, and modeling on how to deal with daily social issues. I have students who also need support with reading, math and writing. They need small group or individual instruction to meet these needs. My ultimate goal for the students is to have the opportunity to function and learn as other students in our school and community."

1 comment:

Tyler said...

From Mrs. Meyers, the teacher of the classroom in Joplin, MO who received the funding from Lowbrow Customers donations in August: "Thank you so much for giving to my project. Your change will make a signficant difference in my student's life."